Assisting Alaska Natives and American Indians in the Bering Strait Region with disabilities to find, regain or retain employment and become self sufficient.
The Kawerak Vocational Rehabilitation Program helps people with disabilities:
- Obtain a Job
- Keep a Job
- Start or Resume Subsistence Activities
- Continue with Subsistence Activities
- Start a Business
- Keep a Business
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the KVR Program you must:
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Have a documented impairment that affects your ability to do any one of the activities listed above.
- Be a resident of the Bering Strait Region.
- Be tribally enrolled to a federally recognized tribe.
- Be in a situation where you are able to benefit from vocational rehabilitation services.
Examples of Qualifying Impairments and/or Conditions:
- Orthopedic Problems such as Back Injuries
- Complications with Diabetes
- Head Injuries or Strokes
- Hearing Impairments
- Visual Impairments
- Developmental Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Seizure Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Alcohol and/or Drug Dependency (In Recovery)
- Job exploration, counseling, and other supportive services for employment.
- Supplemental financial help for attending training programs, certification and re-certification.
- Supplemental financial help for assistive technology, such as artificial limbs, hearing aids, specialized computer software, and wheelchairs.
- Equipment and tools for small businesses or subsistence activities that enable self-sufficiency.
- Referrals to services that promote independent living and recreational opportunities.
Contact Vocational Rehabilitation
- Ph 877.759.4362 or 907.443.4349
- Fax : 907.443.4475
- Email: email@example.com
- Kawerak, Inc.
P.O. Box 948
Nome, AK 99762
Vocational Rehabilitation Forms
Copyright © 2012 - Kawerak, Inc. - All rights reserved.